Liability Agreement and Event Policy
Updated on 01 June 2020
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
I hereby agree that it is my responsibility to consult a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the yoga sessions offered by Adelene Cheong (and her associates) both online and in person, and recognise that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous, and am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
It is my responsibility to opt out from practices at any point, which I deem unfit or unsuitable during the practice. Therefore, in consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga sessions, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
I, my heirs or legal representatives knowingly and voluntarily forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Adelene Cheong (and her associates) for any injury or death that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program, caused by negligence or other acts.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. By continuing my participation, I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
Updated on 10 March 2021
1. The term ‘Adelene Cheong’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the teacher of the event and/or the provider of the resources. The term ‘you’ refers to the student, or purchaser.
2. This policy applies to, and governs, any and all event bookings and resource purchases offered by Adelene Cheong via the website www.adelenecheong.com.
4. This policy and any dispute arising out of it is subject to the exclusive laws of England and Wales and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of such dispute.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
5. When you reserve a place on a residential event, you may either pay in full or pay the deposit. Deposits are non-refundable. Full payment is due no less than 10 weeks prior to the start date of the event and is to be made via the website with Stripe or by Bank Transfer using the details below.
6. Non-residential events and trainings must be paid in full when booking using the details below.
Barclays Bank UK
Account No: 40088803
Sort code: 20-69-34
Ref. (your full name)
International Transfer details
Account Name: Bik Yew Cheong
IBAN: GB91 BARC 20693440088803
Swift code / BIC: BARCGB22
Bank Add: 107 Commercial Road, Portsmouth PO1 1BT, UK.
Ref. (your full name)
CANCELLATION & REFUND
7. COVID Exceptions: As long as FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office) government regulation suggest against travelling to city / country of the event taking place, Adelene will honour a full refund minus £25 up till 30 days before event. When COVID is under control with no travel restrictions, the the Deposit remains non refundable as per the original booking.
8. Please note that there will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in a retreat or event for any reason, the cancellation policy below will apply, with NO EXCEPTIONS. We wish we could compensate people for unforeseen circumstances (injury, family emergency, etc), but we have costs already incurred when reserving venues, catering, administration etc. We have designed our cancellation policy to be as compassionate as possible in the case that your plans change. All bookings are final, to protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
Cancellation by the Student: Residential Retreats
9. If you cancel your booking more than 60 days prior to the start of the event, you will receive a full refund (excluding deposit).
10. If you cancel your booking between 60 and 30 days prior to the start of the event, you may transfer the full credit (excluding deposit) to future events organised by Adelene Cheong within the next 12 months from cancellation, provided your original place is filled by another person. If your original place is not filled by another person, no refunds or credits will be given.
11. If you cancel your booking less than 30 days prior to the start of the event, you will receive no refunds or credits.
12. Cancellation of an event, for whatever reason, must be notified in writing to Adelene Cheong via email or the website Contact Form.
Cancellation by the Student: Non-Residential Events and Trainings
13. If you cancel your booking more than 60 days prior to the start of the event, you will receive a full refund, minus £50 cancellation charges.
14. If you cancel your booking between 60 and 30 days prior to the start of the event, you may transfer the full credit (minus the £50 cancellation charge) to future events organised by Adelene Cheong within the next 12 months from cancellation, provided your original place is filled by another person. If your original place is not filled by another person, no refunds or credits will be given.
15. If you cancel your booking less than 30 days prior to the start of the event, you will receive no refunds or credits.
16. Cancellation of an event, for whatever reason, must be notified in writing to Adelene Cheong via email or the website Contact Form.
Cancellation by the Organiser
17. We have never had to cancel a retreat, however, if we do cancel a trip due to FCDO government travel restrictions or too few participants, we will refund to you all deposits and payments you have paid. We cannot however compensate you for airfare or travel costs incurred.
18. In the unlikely event that the retreat or event is cancelled due to weather, natural disaster or political upheaval, we cannot guarantee a refund. Refunds will depend on whether we receive a refund from the venue / tour operator we work with. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
19. It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance once you have booked a place on a retreat or event which requires you to travel abroad. Travel Insurance can protect you financially and bring peace of mind in case of (for example):
you deciding to cancel your participation in the retreat or event;
the retreat or event being cancelled due to weather, natural disaster, or not enough participants to run the event; lost baggage; and
medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured.
20. You are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any necessary visas, as well as any necessary or required inoculations or other health requirements.